Provide a prompt, dependable, high quality experience to all customers in the motorcycle sales department. Ensure that customers are custom fitted to the motorcycle that meets their needs.
Key Results Areas
- Sales Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sales Department Operations
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and fit them to the appropriate motorcycle.
- Take customers on test rides (Demo Rides).
- Solicit all necessary information from the customers for steps 1 – 5 of the Sales Process (Greet; Probe; Sit-on; Presentation; Sit-down).
- Present the features & benefits of the dealership.
- Show each customer advantages of our store versus other competitors.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of showroom log entries in the CRM System.
- Maintain at least the minimum requirement of Traffic Log entries, Phone Calls and emails per month defined by the pay plan.
- Introduce customers to the Assistant Sales Manager (ASM).
- Introduce new customers to the F&I, Service, Parts, and General Merchandise departments and their personnel.
2. Customer Service
- Ensure the In dealership experience is a positive one.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Conduct pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Handle the motorcycle delivery process to customers. Ensure that they understand the fit and function of the motorcycle they purchase.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Alert the ASM or the Sales Manager to handle customer complaints or concerns.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
3. Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the ASM or Sales Manager.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Continually learn more about the products and services that the dealership sells. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
- Passion for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
- Must have a current motorcycle license or have the desire to get one.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Requires the ability to balance and push an 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Required to spend the majority of the day on your feet.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.