Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Results Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer / Manager / Shop Supervisor.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer / Manager / Shop Supervisor of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2. Customer Service
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
3. Other Duties
- Completion of a factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
- Current Motorcycle license.
- Current Inspection license.
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 15 days of hire. See list of required tools below.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 45 lb. of material.
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.