We have available positions for Harley-Davidson technicians and offer relocation reimbursement to the Phoenix metro area. All technicians receive a competitive pay structure based on experience, expertise and efficiency. Please see job description below and apply now!
Performs quality repairs, customizes, maintains, and overhauls both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality. Continually improves skill level through training, minimizes repeat repairs, maintains productivity as close to 100% as possible and maintains clean facilities.
Key Results Areas:
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Department Operations
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Practice good safety procedures
· Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
· Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
· Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
· Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
· Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory or Arizona Harley-Davidson specifications.
· Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
· Follow designated test route.
· Notify Service Writer / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
· After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
· Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
· Maintain technical (Professional Harley-Davidson and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
· Financially responsible for damage to internal/external motorcycles with managers discretion.
· Minimize comebacks and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
· Report damages immediately to service manager or writer
· Keep customer vehicles as clean as possible.
Other Duties, As Assigned.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations:
· Completion of a factory authorized formal training program or equivalent work experience.
· Current Motorcycle license.
· Able to read schematics, diagrams and manuals.
· Able to use and read measurement tools, such as digital technician (computer)
· Able to use various hand tools.
· Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Requires the use of both hands and legs.
· Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
· Frequently requires the ability to balance, push and ride an 800+ lb. motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.