General Merchandise Floor Supervisor
General Merchandise Department
General Merchandise Manager
Assists the General Merchandise Manager in all operations of the General Merchandise Department with a specialization in coaching and developing the sales staff.
Key Result Areas
· General Merchandise Department Operations
· Coaching & Motivation of Sales Staff
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1)General Merchandise Department Operations
· Ensure merchandising presentation and sales floor replenishment meet the needs of the General Merchandise Department. Making effective use of:
Fixtures Wall Displays
Show Cases Glass Cubes & Towers
Mannequins Window Displays
· Help regulate seasonal promotions (i.e. holiday display themes, fashion shows, special events, etc.) and coordinate them with other departments.
· Assist in the review of all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of General Merchandise.
· Provide input from sales staff to General Merchandise Manager in order to help maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ration.
· Assist sales staff as needed.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required to assist the manager, including generating and reviewing Inventory reports when needed.
· Ensure employees keep all merchandise and displays clean, well dusted, and appealing to customers.
· Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient, appealing retail environment for the General Merchandise department.
· Ensure all inventory control measures (including annual physical and cycle counting) are being performed. Report results to General Merchandise Manager on weekly basis.
· Assist in maintaining sound management practices to ensure General Merchandise department contributes acceptable levels of sales per customer.
· Communicate regularly with the General Merchandise sales staff regarding:
Policies Product Availability
Product Style Options Product Features/Benefits
· Continue to motivate
· Create a positive work environment that results in higher retention and less turnover.
· Clearly communicate dealership, company and departmental objectives to staff.
· Track daily/monthly sales per employee and report findings to General Merchandise Manager.
· Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with General Merchandise Manager.
· Attend training sessions to keep skill sets current with merchandising trends & inventory control issues.
3)Coaching & Motivation of Sales Staff
· Coach, develop and prepare sales team to meet and exceed defined sales, retention levels, quality and customer service objectives.
· Actively coach and counsel sales staff to reach their fullest potential and maximize departmental sales and profits.
· Design and implement initiatives and procedures that will drive customer perception of the dealership.
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
· Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees.
· Establish job assignments and sales quotas for all General Merchandise personnel within their skill level.
· Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
· Assist General Merchandise Manager
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all General Merchandise personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, General Merchandise Manager, General Manager and Dealer Principal.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Assist in growing the General Merchandise business.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong sales and sales management skills.
· Experience with retail sales.
· Previous experience in developing and coaching a high performance sales team.
· Strong skills in customer resolution/satisfaction.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lb. of material.
· Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during open houses or other events.