Floor Sales Manager
Job Title…………………. Floor Sales Manager
Department……………... Sales Department
Supervisor………………. Sales Manager
Assists with the management of employees and operations of the sales department. Will also assist F&I Manager with pending deals. Assists Sales Manager with the following:
Maintain a sales history and/or vehicle history log book.
Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with Sales Manager
Set policies and procedures for the sales department.
Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
Key Result Areas
• Sales Department Operations
• Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Sales Department Operations
• Oversee and assist with managing all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles.
• Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
• Ensure sales personnel are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
• Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for assistant sales management and F&I.
• Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
• Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well lighted environment which draws customers.
• Maintain clean efficient facilities.
2) Customer Service
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
• Institute a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
• Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, general merchandise, warranties, HOG Dues, insurance products and services.
• Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
• Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
• Maintain sales follow up programs.
• Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
• Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
• Provide reports to Sales Manager, as requested.
• Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
4) Other Duties
• As necessary
• Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work load of all employees.
• Train Sales Representatives to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, Sales Manager and owner(s).
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
• Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
• Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• 3+ years progressive experience within the sales department of a motor vehicle dealership.
• Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Powersports motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Motorcycle Endorsement or the ability to obtain
• The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 900 lb. motorcycle.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Simple IRA with employer match at 3%
Salary- 60-80k annually + commission