We are looking for a motivated, detail oriented individual to join our team as a Sales Manager.
Manages employees and operations of the Sales and Finance departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Sell Bikes and Have Fun
- All bikes accounted for
- All bikes priced
- All bikes photoed
- All bikes described
- Always know the numbers
- Total count New Total count Used
- Total Dollars New Total Dollars Used
- Wish list up to date
- Manage colors and options
3) Sales Department Operations
- Oversee and manage all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
- Ensure sales personnel are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Determine sales quota’s for sales personnel in accordance to their skill levels.
- Oversee sales, trade-ins, and delivery of all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain a sales history and/or vehicle history log book.
- Establish realistic forecasts.
- Initiate and maintain an inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for sales management.
- Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
- Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well lighted environment which draws customers.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Maintain clean efficient facilities.
4) Customer Service
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
- Maintain the required HD CSI objective
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Institute a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, general merchandise, warranties, HOG Dues, insurance products and services.
- Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Maintain sales follow-up programs.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts and service departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
6) Other Duties
- Doc –Track Via All departments
- CRM-all deals input and all task complete
- Sales Rep Bonus Charts-up to date and helping those below the goal
- Website-Lead providers up to date and functional information accurate
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work load of all employees.
- Train Sales Representatives to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for sales department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Forward records of all employee performance reviews, disciplinary actions, job promotions, pay adjustments and letters of recommendation to appropriate personnel for placement in personnel files.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.).
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Years progressive experience within the sales department of a motor vehicle dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a motorcycle.