Full Job Description
Do you have a love for motorcycles? We are currently looking for a Service Writer to join our team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for the intake of customer vehicles, noting problems and servicing needs, scheduling work, assigning jobs to service technicians, and communicating job status to the customer.
Key Results Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
- Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Note problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Occasionally assigns jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with posting of parts used before job starts.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
2) Retail Sales
- Assist Part Department with attaining retail sales goals.
- Ensure Motorcycle Referral Program card is attached to every customer workorder.
- Ensure the “Help Sell” initiative is supported. Meet or exceed individual Attempt and Turnover percentage goals.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
- Create well organized presentations which appeal to our customers.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing to customers.
- Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
3) Customer Service
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
4) Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Occasionally requires the ability to lift 45 pounds of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location