Do you love motorcycles?
Job Title:............................ Parts & Accessories Manager
Department:....................... Parts & Accessories Department
Key Results Areas
· Parts Department Operations
· Retail Sales of Parts & Accessories
· Customer Service
· Service Department support
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Parts Department Operations
· Assist in supervising departmental daily operations, to include coaching, training and developing the skills of personnel.
· Assist in the preparation of departmental employee performance reviews.
· Assist in assuring that all positions are staffed and coverage is addressed for lunches and breaks during each business day.
· Responsible for reporting and recording department revenue daily.
· Responsible for ensuring monthly cycle counting is addressed.
· Preparation and execution of the dealership’s “Hide the Hog” program.
· Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving, balanced inventory of parts and accessories with sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
· Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
· Actively participate in the “Help-Sell” program and ensure attempt and turnover goals are met and recorded daily.
· Advocate the MVP program and ensure goals are met accordingly.
2) Retail Sales of Parts & Accessories
· Assist with attaining retail sales objectives.
· Assure that merchandise is correctly processed and prepared for showroom floor and assist the receiving department with this task as necessary.
· Assure that displays are maintained as necessary.
· Create projects (w/ Manager’s approval) for P & A staff to improve departmental operations and to fill slower sales periods.
· Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports, etc.).
· Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events.
3) Customer Service
· Provide superior customer service to both internal (Service Department) and external customers.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
· Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
· Follow up on negative CXI surveys when necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
4) Service Department Support
· Responsible for assuring that a Parts Runner is available to support the Service Department at all times.
· Responsible for ensuring that the Parts Runner can execute the duties outlined in the related job description.
· Be available for coverage as necessary.
· As assigned
· Assure that the daily responsibilities of each employee are being met.
· Coach, train, and develop skills of department personnel.
· Make decisions that are in the best interests of Seacoast Harley-Davidson while still demonstrating our commitment to “Make it Right”.
· Lead by example.
· Actively improve managerial skills and abilities.
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Demonstrate a professional approach to customer service.
· Continually improve sales skills and knowledge of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
· Review and complete all required HDU offerings and attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising & inventory control topics as assigned.
· Accept direction, follow instructions, and work well with other people.
· Assist and become active in team decisions. Offer advice and suggestions for better ways to conduct business in the department, merchandising, and general improvements.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
· Ability to effectively supervise employees in the performance of their duties.
· Ability to train employees in order to improve departmental performance.
· Must have ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership.
· Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems.
· Knowledge of motorcycle components and the commitment to continually develop that knowledge.
· Ability to look up parts and create quotes as necessary.
· The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50+ lbs. of material.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location