Battlefield Harley-Davidson in Gettysburg, PA is seeking an experience motorcycle technician to join our team. Technician will be responsible for repairing, customizing, maintaining or overhauling both customer and dealer owned motorcycles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality. Must have experience in motorcycle repair and maintenance. Must have a strong desire toward providing outstanding customer service, be team oriented, have good communication skills and be willing and able to work weekends. A valid motorcycle license, clear driving record, and valid PA motorcycle inspection license are required
1) Service Department Operations
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
• Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
• Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
• Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
• Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
• Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
• Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
• Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
• After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
• Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
• Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2) Customer Service
• Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
• Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped off.
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
• Focus on quality.
4) Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
• Current Motorcycle license.
• Maintain clean driving record.
• Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 60 days of hire. See list of required tools on page three.
5) Physical Demands
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Requires the use of both hands.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 80 lb. of material.
• Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb. motorcycle.
6) Working Conditions
• Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.