Applications being accepted for all Service Technician experience and skill levels, including those just out of MMI.
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments.
- Request correct parts for jobs as needed.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information accurately.
- Ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork and update computer upon job completion.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Minimize come-backs.
- Keep customers' vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped off.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification by completing all training programs assigned.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
- Current Motorcycle license/endorsement.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Standing 8 hours per day, continuously during shift.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 50lbs. of material.
- Frequently require the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.