This is an entry level position within the motorcycle sales department, no experience necessary. Do you love to talk, meet people, share our passion? We are seeking Motorcycle enthusiasts who are honest, motivated, outgoing high energy self-starters for a position in the sales department. Candidates must be willing to provide the highest level of customer service in helping others become a part of the world's greatest motorcycle brand. We provide the training you need to succeed in an exciting and lucrative career!
Provide a prompt, dependable, high quality experience to all customers in the motorcycle sales department. Ensure that customers are custom fitted to the motorcycle that meets their needs.
Key Results Areas
- Sales Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sales Department Operations
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and fit them to the appropriate motorcycle.
- Take customers on test rides (Demo Rides).
- Solicit all necessary information from the customers for steps 1 – 5 of the Sales Process (Greet; Probe; Sit-on; Presentation; Sit-down).
- Present the features & benefits of the dealership.
- Show each customer advantages of our store versus other competitors.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of showroom log entries in the CRM System.
- Maintain at least the minimum requirement of Traffic Log entries, Phone Calls and emails per month defined by the pay plan.
- Introduce customers to the Assistant Sales Manager (ASM).
- Introduce new customers to the F&I, Service, Parts, and General Merchandise departments and their personnel.
2. Customer Service
- Ensure the In dealership experience is a positive one.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Conduct pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Handle the motorcycle delivery process to customers. Ensure that they understand the fit and function of the motorcycle they purchase.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Alert the ASM or the Sales Manager to handle customer complaints or concerns.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
3. Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the ASM or Sales Manager.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Continually learn more about the products and services that the dealership sells. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
- Passion for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
- Must have a current motorcycle license or have the desire to get one.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Requires the ability to balance and push an 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Required to spend the majority of the day on your feet.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.