If so, then Empire Harley-Davidson in New Rochelle NY is the place for you! Empire is the fastest growing motorcycle dealership in the Tri-State area.
We are looking for service technicians to provide our riders with a world class Harley-Davidson service experience.
* Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Results Areas:
* Service Department Operations
* Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Service Department Operations
* See attached Technician Skill Progression worksheet for Competencies & Commitments.
* Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
* Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
* Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
* Accept work assignments from Service Writer / Manager.
* Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
* Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
* Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
* Notify Service Writer / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
* After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
* Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
* Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2. Customer Service
* Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
* Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off
3. Other Duties
* As Assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
* Completion of a factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
* Current Motorcycle license.
* Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 60 days of hire.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Requires the use of both hands.
* Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
* Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 600+ lb. motorcycle.
We are a family owned company with decades of experience in the motorcycle industry. We provide a great working atmosphere with plenty of coaching and training to succeed and thrive!
Competitive Wages/Benefits Based On Performance