Setup and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist all customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise.
Key Results Areas
- Retail Sales of Parts & Accessories
- Customer Service
- Clean & efficient Parts and Accessories environment
- Service Department support
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Retail Sales of Parts & Accessories
- Assist Parts Manager with attaining retail sales objectives.
- Process merchandise and prepare product for showroom floor.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
- Assist with set-up, organization, and staging of special events such as Open houses, of HOG activities, etc.
- Create well organized presentations which appeal to our customers.
- Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
- Maintain updated customer mailing lists.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with merchandising & inventory control issues.
2. Customer Service
- Provide excellence customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
3. Clean & Efficient P&A Environment
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, and appealing to customers.
- Ensure all non-retail areas of the Parts Department are kept clean, neat, and orderly at all times.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for P&A management.
- Conduct and participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
- Assist the receiving department by labeling and preparing products for the showroom floor.
4. Service Department Support
Occasionally, Parts Department staff will be required to satisfy the following needs for our Service Department.
- Take service technicians’ orders for parts and fill them as fast as possible.
- Assist service technicians in determining parts & accessories requirements for individual jobs.
- Recommend related Parts and Accessories which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders.
- Interface with Service Technicians and ensure their Parts and Accessories needs are being met.
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received.
5. Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to customer service.
- Review and complete all P.A.C.E., P.H.D., and PROSELL tapes required to achieve Parts and Accessories Sales recognition (Gold Level) through the H.D.U. program offered by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company, and attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising & inventory control topics as assigned by the Parts Manager.
- Accept direction, follow instructions, and work well with other people.
- Assist and become active in team decisions. Offer advice and suggestions for better ways to conduct business in the department, merchandising, and general improvements.
- Must have ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Knowledge of motorcycle front end, suspension, and engine components and the commitment to continually develop knowledge.
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalogue for particular motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50+ lbs. of material.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.