Intakes customer vehicles, notes problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Results Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service Department Operations
- Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Note problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Occasionally assigns jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with posting of parts used before job starts.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
2. Retail Sales
- Assist Part Department with attaining retail sales goals.
- Ensure Motorcycle Referral Program card is attached to every customer workorder.
- Ensure the “Help Sell” initiative is supported. Meet or exceed individual Attempt and Turnover percentage goals.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
- Create well organized presentations which appeal to our customers.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, dust free, and appealing to customers.
- Continuously maintain showroom product availability by stocking shelves and displays.
3. Customer Service
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
4. Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.