Live the Passion! Throughout the world, riding unites people deeply, passionately and authentically. And in this unity there is a rich and unending variety of personal experiences. Join our sales team and share the love of riding! We are searching for an experienced Sales Manager to join our team!
This is a Management position within the sales department. Do you love to talk, meet people, and share your passion about motorcycles? We are seeking a candidate with sales experience who is honest, motivated, outgoing high energy self-starter to lead the sales department. Candidates must be willing to provide the highest level of customer service. If you are looking for an exciting and lucrative career think no further and apply today!
Job Title: Sales Manager
Department: Sales Department
Supervisor: General Manager
Manages employees and operations of the sales department.
Key Results Areas
- Sales Department Operations
- Business Office Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sales Department Operations
- Oversee and manage all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
- Ensure sales personnel are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Determine sales quota’s for sales personnel in accordance to their skill levels.
- Oversee sales, trade-ins, and delivery of all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain a sales history and/or vehicle history log book.
- Establish realistic forecasts.
- Initiate and maintain an inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for sales management.
- Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
- Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well lighted environment which draws customers.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Maintain clean efficient facilities.
2. Business Office Operations
- Oversee and direct the business office operational activities related to providing finance, insurance, and extended service programs.
- Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling finance, insurance, and extended service programs to new and used motorcycle customers.
- Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with several finance sources, factory and otherwise.
- Actively recruit and maintain a strong market base for the providing of available finance and Insurance products. Pro-actively use sales techniques.
- Analyze departmental activities and practices effective problem solving techniques.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide with reports, as requested.
- Pursue a continuing program of formal and informal education in the area of expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Belong to (or join) any relevant associations.
- Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve a desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
- Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies. Maintain a Finance and Insurance logbook. Prepare monthly penetration reports on finance penetration.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
- Handle all rate quotations.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work load of all employees.
- Train Staff to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for sales department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Forward records of all employee performance reviews, disciplinary actions, job promotions, pay adjustments and letters of commendation to appropriate personnel for placement in personnel files.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.).
- Maintain sales follow up programs.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts and service departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or F&I department.
- Responsible for informing the entire dealership staff of any new programs or promotions relative to F&I. Also develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
4. Customer Service
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Institute a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, general merchandise, warranties, insurance products and services.
- Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is and “EVENT” that will endear customer to the dealership.
- Demonstrate commitment to the dealership’s philosophy of quality service to all customers and acts as a role model to other dealership employees.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Plan and execute “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
- Coordinate promotions with other departments to maximize return on promotions spending.
6. Other Duties
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Remain current with all sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- 3-5 years progressive experience within the sales department of a motor vehicle dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.