Live the Passion! Throughout the world, Harley-Davidson unites people deeply, passionately and authentically. And in this unity there is a rich and unending variety of personal experiences. We are searching for a Detailer! Join our service team for and share the love of riding!
Job Title:............................ Shop Detailer
Department:...................... Service Department
Supervisor:........................ Shop Supervisor / Service Manager
Provides assistance to all employees of the service department as needed.
Key Results Areas
- Details New & Pre-Owned Motorcycles
- Helping Service Personnel
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Details New & Pre-Owned Motorcycles
- Wash Motorcycles. Ensure they are cleaner than when customer dropped them off.
2) Helping Service Personnel
- Assist Technicians with keeping the service department clean and organized.
- Clean and maintain appearance of general facilities.
3) Customer Service
- Greet external customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle requests quickly, and courteously.
4) Other Duties
- Follow directions and work hard.
- Ask questions when in doubt.
- Wear appropriate shop uniform each and every day.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude.
- Complete all training programs and their related tests by required deadlines. The Service Manager assigns all required training.
- Motorcycle license required
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Ability to accept and follow directions.
- Demonstrated willingness to work flexible hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 900 lb. motorcycle.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 45 lb. of material.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.